Wednesday, December 14, 2005

driftwood




After visiting the church in Paoay, I asked about the sand dunes and Buddha drove us to Suba Beach. It was a desolate place with a solitary resort on the beach. The sky was overcast that day and we did not see anyone on the beach with the exception of three women gathering clams for their dinner. As we got further away, I saw this huge driftwood which seem to have weathered a lot of lashing from the waves. I took off my shoes and took out my hasselblad 500c and started taking pictures. I took my time trying to see different angles I can approach the subject. After we finished, we headed back for the van. The lady caretaker of the resort approached our driver for a Ps30.00 parking fee. A bit steep but I didn't mind because I enjoyed the time I spent in taking the driftwood. all photos © 2005 daddywasabi.

No comments: